I’ve had a wonderful, restful time in Montana. My grandparents came from North Dakota for the weekend. I haven’t seen them in 2 years and it was so nice to spend time with them. They took a trip to Alaska when I was little and then ferried the inside passage so we spent a lot of time talking about our experiences.
Saturday the Longs were in town. I went to lunch with Natalie and Marcie and we laughed and talked and spent some time reminiscing about last summer in England. That evening they invited me to the Mustangs game. I’ve never been a huge Mustangs fan, but baseball is always fun. And no matter what it is you’re doing, if you do it with Natalie, you will laugh. We made it through about 2 innings when the clouds started rolling in. I tried really hard to convince her they were going around us. She didn’t believe me. All of a sudden there was a huge burst of thunder and the sky pretty much opened up and it started to rain. This was rain like Noah must have seen. The field was flooded within minutes. We huddled under a hot dog stand and were ok until the hail started pelting us. Then we had to hold up blankets to keep it off. It was obvious the game was not starting again so Nolan braved the hail and ran and got the car. We went to the classy Rimrock Inn bar and drank gin and tonics and caught up. I always love catching up.
The rest of the week I spent playing princesses, bouncing Jack, swimming, seeing old friends, bouncing Jack, playing barbies, reading books, putting together puzzles, bouncing Jack. We hiked Woodbine on Wednesday. I lived in Montana for 22 years, went to camp every summer on the other side of the mountain, and never hiked Woodbine. It is a nice little hike up to a waterfall. Then we played in the icy cold river on the way back down. It was wonderful. It’s always good to be back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment