Monday, August 10, 2009

Lake Pend Oreille

I left Seattle Monday morning and headed East to Idaho.  I’d never driven between Seattle and Spokane before.  I gotta say, not the most exciting drive.  Especially when it’s as dry as it is this year.  However, I was on my way to yet another lake and at least there was that to look forward to. 

 

My sister and her family spend a week every summer on Lake Pend Oreille (ponderay) in Idaho with Jon’s brother’s family at their cabin.  They very graciously invited me to come stay for a few nights.  Karen has talked about these vacations so much that it seemed like I’d been there even though I hadn’t.  I arrived at the “cabin” (not a cabin by my standards, it is a beautiful house) and was given my own little air- conditioned camper to sleep in.  Before I even had all my stuff brought in I had a margarita in my hand and my niece chattering away on my lap.  I instantly understood why Jon and Karen keep going back.  We ate good food, laughed, played in the lake, boated, wandered around town, drank good wine.  It was a perfect day and a half.  Completely restful and relaxing. 

 

It was fun to spend a day looking at the huge houses scattered along the shoreline and lay on the dock in the sunshine and have drinks brought to me.    That kind of vacation is pretty fun.  I probably won’t have the chance to have a vacation like that again anytime soon.  But really, I’m pretty happy spending my vacations sleeping under a big blue tarp carefully suspended from the nearby bushes with a fellow knitwit snoring away beside me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment